Emmett & Miriam McCoy Building at the Museum of the Big Bend
Located on the Sul Ross State University campus, the new 10,000-sf Emmett & Miriam McCoy Building at the Museum of the Big Bend connects to the museum’s historic 1937 building. It features a permanent gallery for El Pasoan Tom Lea’s classic Western beef cattle paintings, a temporary gallery for rotating exhibits, and exhibit space to highlight the collections and research from Sul Ross State University departments. It also includes space for the museum’s growing collections of early Texas art and Mexican folk art. The new building also includes a cultural center for meetings and events, with an outdoor observation deck and gathering area highlighting the views of the Davis Mountains.